Wilfred (U.S. TV Series) is based on the critically acclaimed Australian series of the same title and was adapted for FX by David Zuckerman (Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill).
The series follows a young man named Ryan and his neighbor's dog Wilfred who Ryan sees as a man in a dog suit rather than the regular dog that everyone else sees him as.
Executive producers of the show include David Zukerman, Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor, and Ken Conner with Connor and Conner being executive producers of the Australian series as well. It is directed by Randall Einhorn.
The Australian version of Wilfred was written by Jason Gann and Adam Zwar, directed by Tony Rogers and produced by Jen Livingston.
The series ended its fourth and final season on August 13, 2014.
- Elijah Wood as Ryan Newman
- Jason Gann as Wilfred
- Fiona Gubelmann as Jenna Mueller
- Dorian Brown as Kristen Newman
Special Guest Cast
- Mary Steenburgen (seasons 1-3) / Mimi Rogers (season 4) as Catherine
- Dwight Yoakam (seasons 1-3) / William Baldwin (season 4) as Bruce
- Ethan Suplee as Spencer (season 1)
- Ed Helms as Darryl (season 1)
- Jane Kaczmarek as Beth (season 1)
- Allison Mack as Amanda (seasons 2 & 4)
- Robin Williams as Dr. Eddy (credited) / himself (uncredited) (season 2)
- Brad Dourif as P.T. (season 2)
- James Remar as Henry (seasons 3-4)
- Kristen Schaal as Anne (season 3)
- Angela Kinsey as Heather (season 3)
- Gina Gershon as Gloria (season 3)
- Barry Watson as Michael McDerry (season 3)
- Rutger Hauer as Dr. Grummons (season 4)
- John Michael Higgins as Dr. Cahill (season 4; guest season 1)
- Tobin Bell as Charles (season 4)
- Chris Klein as Drew
- Rodney To as Dr. Bangachon
- Gerry Bednob as Mr. Patel (season 1; guest season 3)
- J. P. Manoux as Leo (season 1)
- Rob Riggle as Kevin (season 2)
- Steven Weber as Jeremy (season 2)
- Harriet Sansom Harris as Lonnie Goldsmith (season 4)
Season One (13 episodes)
Season Two (13 episodes)
- Letting Go
Season Three (13 episodes)
Season Four (10 episodes)